The Motocross Racing Engine Development Specialist is responsible for managing the complete preparation, maintenance and enhancement of racing engines used within the Motocross Racing department. Develops, analyzes and downloads various data acquisition programs and ECU management systems to enhance future directions of engine development.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
What you have:
- Directs technicians and outside specialists in the mechanical repair, maintenance and enhancement of race engines; diagnoses malfunctions in equipment; ensures engines are built and maintained up to exact specifications.
- Directs the activities of technicians engaged in modifying or enhancing each engine; establishes controlled tests to develop new engine specifications; interprets data from on board data loggers to look for problems and generate solutions; listens to rider or crew chief feedback to assess further modifications or to diagnose problems.
- Maintains detailed service records for each racing engine; requisitions and keeps supply of appropriate parts and/or machinery.
- Makes informed decisions and takes decisive action towards implementing changes in the use of equipment to increase efficiency and performance of the racing engine.
- Evaluates engine performance using either bench dynamometer or chassis dynamometer.
- Maintains accurate data regarding each engines performance during each test and race; creates specifications sheets and generates reports for KHI.
- Informs and directs technicians and outside specialists regarding engine specifications for engine performance testing and race machine mapping specifications; diagnoses performance deficiencies in engine character, performance and rider control; ensures ECU’s are programmed and maintained up to exact specifications.
- Downloads ECU data at various tests and racing events. Analyzes and discusses findings with team members to determine adjustments in current EFI/ECU settings. Implement and/or assist technicians in implementing a new direction or corrected ECU/EFI settings.
- Coordinates prep and maintenance schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Performs activities of technicians supervised when required.
- Ensures all race facilities at KMC are clean and organized at all times.
- Participates in the set-up and tear down of the team transporter and related pit area and ensures that the transporter and pit area is clean and organized at all times.
- Builds and fosters a positive and professional working environment at all times and works to improve cooperation and communication to achieve goals.
- Maintains strong relationships with riders and works to improve cooperation and communication to achieve set goals.
- Maintains strict confidentiality regarding all company information, product technology, research and development components, etc.
- Exercises the highest degree of safety when operating all equipment and machinery; reports any injuries or unsafe working conditions to management.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is mandatory; a Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) or equivalent from four-year College is preferred; and minimum ten years related experience and/or training in a race team environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
What we have:
From comprehensive insurance to generous Paid Time Off, we offer an extensive benefits and compensation package that stands apart from the rest, including 401(k), training development, education assistance, a casual workplace and more.
Interested candidate should apply online at http://www.kawasaki.jobs/