What's up, Sales Managers!
We are a Harley-Davidson, Honda, and Can-Am dealership with tremendous potential. Besides having a large dealership that's over 40,000 sq. feet, we have an HIO of 7,000 and an MIO of over 10,000 in our DAT, and our sheer amount of transactions show that we have enough floor traffic to hit 1,500 units per year - again. We have process, training, and staffing issues that are not for the faint of heart. We need a strong leader who can coach the sales team into champions. Pay is negotiable, but will primarily be tied to performance.
Please reach out to me with any questions.
||General Manager / Dealer Principal
Key Result Areas
|Manages employees and operations of the sales department.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Sales Department Operations
- Customer Service
||Sales Department Operations
- Oversee and manage all operations of new and pre-owned vehicles.
- Ensure sales department contributes acceptable levels of gross and net profit.
- Ensure sales personnel are well trained, motivated, and available when needed.
- Determine sales quota’s for sales personnel in accordance with their skill levels.
- Oversee sales, trade-ins, and delivery of all new and used vehicles.
- Maintain a sales history and/or vehicle history log book.
- Establish realistic forecasts.
- Initiate and maintain an inventory control system along with net profit objectives which eliminate the possibility of “lower than anticipated” profits.
- Become familiar and efficient with all phases of the computer system required for sales management.
- Maintain a balanced new unit inventory in proportion to sales.
- Establish procedures to ensure timely and proper completion of all paperwork.
- Maintain showroom with a variety of vehicles set-up with different accessories and paint schemes, displayed in a well-lighted environment which draws customers.
- Initiate procedures for quick and efficient handling of warranty items, including tagging and proper storage of these items.
- Maintain clean efficient facilities.
- Provide prompt, dependable, high quality, vehicle sales to customers by using current pro-active feature benefit sales techniques.
- Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Handle telephone transactions quickly, and courteously.
- Ensure customers are properly qualified for needs, wants, and ability to buy.
- Institute a feature / benefit selling methodology so that all customers receive consistent treatment when doing business.
- Ensure cross sales of P&A, financing, general merchandise, warranties, HOG Dues, insurance products and services.
- Develop and ensure use of a common and consistent quotation methodology for vehicle sales, trade-ins and purchases.
- Establish and ensure road test, pre-delivery inspection, and vehicle delivery policies and procedures are followed.
- Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate our commitment to “Make Things Right”.
- Maintain sales follow‑up programs.
- Maintain budgeted revenue and expense objectives.
- Develop promotional campaigns in conjunction with the parts and service departments.
- Maintain efficiency reports on sales representatives.
- Provide reports to GM, as requested.
- Develop monthly and annual objectives for the department in collaboration with GM.
- Attend training sessions to keep current with sales department issues.
- Establish departmental work schedule, balancing the workload of all employees.
- Train Sales Representatives to use consistent and current sales methodologies.
- Set policies and procedures for sales department.
- Manage employee performance (evaluate and council) and conduct performance reviews in a timely manner.
- Assist with recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and terminating employees.
- Forward records of all employee performance reviews, disciplinary actions, job promotions, pay adjustments and letters of recommendation to appropriate personnel for placement in personnel files.
- Provide training for all sales employees (seminars; workshops; sales schools, etc.).
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- Treat all employees and customers fairly, courteously, and with dignity.
- Model superior customer service behavior for all sales personnel by maintaining positive relationships with customers, employees GM and owner(s).
- Remain current with all sales department training available by reviewing ProSell & P.A.C.E. tapes and attending seminars, workshops, and other related training programs.
- Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
- Be honest and fair in all business dealings.
- Demonstrate an interest in growing the sales business.
- Focus on quality.
- Five years progressive experience within the sales department of a motor vehicle dealership.
- Prefer knowledge and experience with sales of Harley-Davidson/Honda/ Can-Am motorcycles, and other products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them.
- Experience in F&I
- Knowledge of CRM
- The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
- Occasionally requires the ability to balance and push a 900 lb. motorcycle.
- Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
- Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.