Zero Motorcycles Inc
380 El Pueblo Rd
Scotts Valley, California (United States)
Regional Sales Dir (SW US) Six Figure Salary, Must Live in SoCal
Scotts Valley, California
Summary of Position
The Regional Sales Director is responsible for achieving sales objectives in the defined territory by:
- Maximizing existing dealer efforts to promote the brand through special events, sharing marketing best practices and delivery of ongoing training and critical industry and company information.
- Aggressive New Dealer Development by identifying and prioritizing open points, delivering qualified prospects, managing the approval process and orienting appointed dealers through training to represent the brand in those markets and meet the Company’s strategic plan.
- Taking responsibility for managing the growth and development of the brand in your assigned market area to increase brand and segment awareness.
- Manage assigned geography performance against agreed targets and budgets.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with marketing team, sales & service operations teams and support functions; collaborate with other Regional Sales Directors for implementation of best sales practices that support the business model.
- Plan, implement and participate in marketing shows, dealer open house and demo day events as required.
- Manage administrative reporting and analysis required to track assigned geography performance.
Skills and Attributes
- Qualified applicants must reside in the territory and possess a large rolodex of current dealer contacts.
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding corporate sales objectives while maintaining a reputation for honesty and integrity.
- Highly experienced with proven success in Business / Dealer Development.
- Powersports OEM experience preferred.
- Comfortable using a computer and specifically with experience in Microsoft Programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint as well as experience with Salesforce.com or other CRM tool.
- Experience implementing territory marketing plans.
- 3 – 5 years previous field sales experience in similar role.
Candidate must show tangible and successful sales results over the past several years. Has to be well versed, organized and proficient with PC related tools (e.g. Excel, Word, CRM, etc.). Have the ability to contribute to monthly and quarterly sales forecasts. Other attributes that are preferred:
Physical and Sensory Requirements:
- Past experience in a growing small company with a dynamic atmosphere
- Has creative, collaborative, and excellent communication skills
- Organized with a superior attention to detail
- Resourceful, reliable and tenacious
Other Requirements (if applicable)
- Ability to work various business hours and travel when appropriate to the job responsibilities assigned.
- Able to load and unload motorcycles from a truck or van.
- Must be able to negotiate driving a large van and from time to time a trailer.
- Motorcycle endorsement required.
- Clean driving record.